Winchburgh.info understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our visitors, partners and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
2. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
3. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data held by us to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way
- For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
4. What Personal Data Do You Collect?
Depending on the type of user we collect the below personal data.
- Name (newsletter subscribers and dashboard users)
- Email Address (newsletter subscribers and dashboard users)
- Business Details (Business dashboard users only)
Your personal data is obtained from the following;
- Registering to have access to add material on the portal through the dashboard
- Entering competitions or promotions
- Signing up to our monthly newsletter
5. Do You Share My Personal Data?
Winchburgh.info does not share any personal data with any 3rd party - Not Now, Not Ever!